The UK is facing one of the driest two-year periods on record which has led to water authorities placing a ban on water hosepipe usage in southern and eastern England. Anyone violating this ban could face a fine of up to 1,000.
GiveMeTap supports Directgov’s tipson how to save water:
- Grow your grass a little longer. It will stay greener than a close-mown lawn and need less watering
- Turn off the taps when you’re brushing your teeth or shaving
- Install a water-saving device in the toilet
- Keep a jug of water in the fridge instead of waiting for the tap to run cold
- Use bathwater and washing-up water to wash the car and the garden
- Use dishwaters and washing machines only when they are full
- Save the cold water that comes through before a tap runs hot, and use it to water plants.
Happy water saving everyone!